13.1.06

potent paella

several months ago, when i was still emotionally, though not physically, coupled with e, we attended a paella party with several of my colleagues. it was a fantastic autumn party with great food, excellent wine, and lively and entertaining guests. my friend a, the cyclist-architect, did all of the cooking that night, much to everyone's satisfaction.

the bizarre thing about that night that still baffles us is that of the five couples that were in attendance, none are still together. like any reasonable people, we all blame a, the cyclist-architect, since he was, and still is, single. i liken it to the scene in like water for choclate when tita cried into wedding cake batter and it made everyone, well, we know what it did to them...

in the background::victims:culture club

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I swear we went through that recently ourselves. Brian and I started looking at each other, getting worried it would happen to us.

Just to be on the safe side, I'm staying away from Paella parties.