today i sold missy mazda. tonight i am sad about it. she was so good to me the entire twelve years we were together. she was my protegé. she was there through the rough times, the good times, the really rough times, and the great times.
she's lived through rough midwestern winters and hot texas summers and she could still be cool or hot on command. not many girls can do that, even the younger, hipper, models. i've given her nearly every make-over a girl could hope for, spent more money on her than even i could afford sometimes, but still i wanted her with me, i needed her with me, and i didn't have a need for any other.
but alas, a girl of twelve years is slower than the younger ones, she needs more attention, she's become more high-maintenance, and recently took up smoking when i wasn't looking. she still looked fabulous, given a few wrinkles, but time does that to anyone, right? i made a pact with her when she came into my life that i'd keep her around until she'd travelled two-hundred thousand miles with me. i kept my promise and bested it by two thousand, six hundred forty-two miles.
i sold her to a young kid who bought her for his girlfriend. kinky! missy mazda with another girl? perhaps she does swing both ways. or perhaps she was never into me, but stuck around for the rainbow flag i slapped on her back end.
whatever the reason, i hope she makes someone else's dream happen. be good, missy, drive hard and safe. thanks for all of the memories. i miss her already.
in the background::we belong:namoli brennet
5 comments:
wow. i hope my car lasts that long. i've only got 31,000+ miles so i've got a distance to go.
nice blog. a good recommendation from Mark (zeitzeuge).
myke
mezzanine.nu
I had a Honda Civic hatchback for 12 years. Loved that car, but the older she got, the more expensive work that needed to be done. At least I have the memories: my first make out in a car, first bj in a backseat, first auto-accident. I really miss that little car....
She even went through having a huge clay pot thrown at her and survived to tell the tale. *ducks*
Hi there. I'm Toddy. Zeitzeuge sent me.
This post makes me stop to think about my girl Dolly. She's a Mazda Protege too. I haven't made a serious commitment to her like you made to Missy. But I'll think about it. Maybe it's time. We've already been together for 3 years.
I just can't seem to commit myself to one car. Does that make me a bad person? Shouldn't I be spanked?
T.
Post a Comment