no, i haven't been riding much lately. instead i've been moving. even though e and i ended our relationship quite a while ago, i had yet to cut the cord and move completely out. until last weekend. i schlepped every last article i own to a swank new pad downtown. i decided to try one-room living in a loft close by my office, and so far, a total of two nights here on my own [cue the patti labelle song], i like it. i have yet to put up any curtains so the entire parking garage gets a peep show every night and morning. and as much as i thought i was hardened to e and the hurt that came at the end of our relationship, it was incredibly devastating to actually be walking out the door and locking up for the very last time. i broke down and sobbed in the car for half an hour. luckily e decided to give me the space i needed and went to paris for the weekend so that the entire ordeal was as stress free as possible. yeah, right. so that's where i've been instead of riding. where have you been?
in the background::on my own:patti labelle+michael mcdonald
3 comments:
I know all this has to be so tough for you. It just opens up a new chapter in your life.
A better one.
Can I get the address of that parking garage? =)
Welcome back to singleland. I wish I could find some enlightening words to say, man, but I'm pretty sure you know yourself you're gonna make it through this.
I know you hurt right now and I hate that for you.
Wish there was something I could do.
I know you will be okay though.
e chose Paris when he could have had the world.
Maybe he is broken.
Love you-
D
Post a Comment